Wednesday 9 October 2019

Gaming Table Update

Campaign on hold.


I am updating and expanding the city scape on my gaming table, so there is no battle report this month. But I did take a few pictures that capture what one quarter of the new table will look like.



It has been pointed out to me that I have a lot of open space (streets) in my city. So much so that it felt more like an open field, and less like a densely packed city. So I am changing that.

I print my terrain on cardstock, which is really thick paper, and then cut it out and glue it together. If you are interested in checking paper terrain out, try WorldWorksGames.com. Their site sells the files for pretty cheap price, usually less than $10. 

Here's a few WIP pics of the table. It's coming along nicely.

Imperial Fists checkpoint manned by a
Tactical squad and their Razorback.

A Venerable Dreadnought provides additional firepower,
and a Devastator squad provides Overwatch from the rooftop.

In normal games the bunkers will be impassable. They are
 there to block line of sight between quarters along the
table edges.

That is showing 25% of my gaming table surface. One big
intersection in the center of the table, and four city
quarters similar in layout to the one above.

I just wanted to let you know I wasn't being lazy and that I actually got some hobbying done. I'm hoping to get two more quarters done next month. At that point I could play 1000 points, and the campaign can continue.

Thanks for reading, and until next time, happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment