Saturday 18 July 2020

Getting ready for 9th Edition

9th Edition is almost here.


When I heard that a new edition of 40K was just around the corner, I was both excited and nervous. Excited because I hoped that GW would address some of the glaring issues with the game, and nervous because I expected on of my three armies would take a serious hit from a rules perspective.

And I was right.


My mechanized Imperial Fists, according to the info that is available around the web, should fare okay in the new edition. They may have issues holding objectives that are contested by enemy ObSec Troops, but the vehicles are deadlier, so that seems a fair trade.

Likewise, my mechanized Tau Sept should fare equally well in the new ruleset, for the same reasons.

But my Goffs Ork infantry list...well that seems like it's dead on arrival. The combo of Blast, and Objectives never being in terrain (since you place the Objs first, then place terrain) is a death knell for hordes. Too bad for me since I had just recently finished painting my 5 smasha gun battery, was in the process of painting my 5 gun bubblechukka battery, and was assembling my 5 traktor kannons. Onto the shelf they all go. Thank the Emperor I didn't order all the Gretchin I needed in 8th to flesh out that list.

In more positive news, I am in the process of upgrading my gaming table to be more in line with the table sizes for 9th ed. Also Crusade has seriously peaked my interest. And I finally have a proper stand for my camera, so there should be less fuzzy pictures. Unless I have to hold the camera for some reason. 

Anyway, just a quick update on the state of things. I'm waiting for my new rulebook to arrive to launch a Crusade. Haven't quite figured out who the armies will be yet, but I'm busy painting.  Maybe I'll get feeling productive and get some decent pictures posted of the new army.

Until next time, happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment